-Body shape: inverted triangle, or apple shaped, petite, big upper body
– how to wear: accentuate waist, reduce bust, enhance hip.
– what to avoid:
- print bigger than your fist
- Ankle strap shoes
- belt at the belly.
- tops that end at your hip bones.
– What is preferred:
- one color, warm tone
- petite, vintage
- interesting upper body to draw attention away from the belly. Wear tops that draw attention away from your legs: V-necks, small shoulder blouse, bright colors, neck-line.
- dress is preferred to skirt (not to make a broken line)
- flare, A-line, V-neck, wrap dress, mid-rise, dark color top, bright color bottom, Jean straight cut, mid rise,
- High-waist, empire
– what to wear :
- Underwear: right size bra, slimming underwear
- Accessories : low rise belt, just below breast, not at the belly
- Swim wear: one piece
- Skirt: A line skirt, flare skirt, do not stop at the biggest part of the body. Length: slightly above knee or angle length. zip at the side or the back (draw attention away from your belly).
- Shoes: platform, no angle straps
- Pant: -Wide-leg pants: cover your shoes. No crop pants (lat lai). low-waist –> not stop at the biggest part of your belly.
- Jean: mid-rise, slight curvy, boot cut, dark color, no wash, with pocket, pointed downward, the rear is rear is higher than the front, embracing your butt.
- Jacket: empire, smallest right below breast, flare, and leave them unbuttoned, sleeve end at your finger tips when arms are at your side
- Top: no top shorter than your hip bones, no big print, no tube, wear camisole if the top is not long enough to cover the intersection of your pants.
- Belt: just below breast, not at the belly
How to make you look thinner:
– Grey is better than black
– Horizontal print makes you look thinner.
– It is OK to mix print and patterns. Don’t mix with more than 2 colors.
– Blue navy can go with green, brown can go with black.
How to avoid muffin top
– Wear well-fitted pants. Wear mid-rise, enough room, just at the waist line
– Wear camisole to cover your section if the top is not long enough
– Wear skirts with bigger waist bands.
– Little black dress (just make sure it’s a solid color) + simple elegant shoes
– Plain dark jeans (no fade) that can wear up and down.
– Crisp, white button-down shirt
– Black all-season pants that can wear with sweater, jacket or shirt, blouse,
– White T-shirts: V-neck, U-neck, long and short sleeves
– Black skirt: knee-length, A-line
– Trench coat